We have moved!!

Please visit us at our new blog address:

Friday, November 9, 2007

Allen Family Update

For those of you that don't know I am now officially a stay-at-home mommy! I was a little worried about whether I would be able to quit work and not miss it since I have worked outside of the house since I was 16 - but I love it! I really feel such contentment being at home everyday and getting to be with James, more than I ever hoped or imagined. All of my friends who have been blessed to be able to stay at home as well have always told me, "you stay busier than you think" and they are so right. I don't know what we do all day but there is rarely a dull moment! Also, Jeremy has changed jobs as well and is working from home as an executive recruiter. It's kind of crazy how the job change came about - James was only 2 weeks old - but we believe the Lord's hand is guiding us and we both feel so blessed to be able to be home with James for this first part of his life. Jeremy has his home office that he works in most of the day but he's able to come out and say hi and love on James several times a day and we're able to have lunch and dinner together everyday - at a reasonable hour! It's crazy how things are so different than they were this time last year, but so amazing! I remind myself everyday to enjoy every moment because I know we will look back on these days as some of the sweetest times in our lives.
James has had a great week. He finally dropped his late night feeding and is sleeping from 9 p.m through 7a.m. in the morning - praise God! We got our first giggle this week. He laughs alot when he's asleep but when he's awake we usually only get big grins. Even though he's a little small I decided to put him in the exersaucer just to see how he liked it (our sweet friends Meredith and Austin let us borrow theirs since he has outgrown it - saved us the money of buying one and gave them some extra space! what a blessing to have so many friends with babies around us!) Anyhoo - the first time we put him in it he got sooo tickled and just started cracking up laughing - which got both Jeremy and I tickled. Once again I reminded Jeremy that we really need a video camera! Hopefully we'll get one soon!
Here are some more fun pictures - hope you enjoy!
James enjoying his exersaucer
Papa Allen and James hangin' out
I'm awake!
James likes to sleep on his tummy with his face buried in his hands - due to his "clear" skin as Jeremy likes to call it, he often wakes up with his hand prints on his face:)
Daddy kisses - whenever we give James kisses he loves to turn his head towards us and give us a big open mouth wet one!
Here is another size comparison - here is James in his bath today vs at 4 weeks! He's about to outgrow his little tub!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

nicedicklet